Good Food & Great Friends
Everyone enjoys a good meal surrounded by great friends. We gather for a nutritious lunch every weekday that offers opportunity for socialization and community connection. We can also deliver meals for homebound seniors.
11:30 a.m. Soup & Salad Bar
12:00 p.m. Main Meal
“We try to make everyone feel loved and wanted. When I lost my mom and dad, the group adopted me. They’re like my own family and I love feeding them.” – Chef Phyllis
Join us every weekday for a chance to get together and share a delicious lunch. We make homemade bread at least twice a week and have a turkey dinner once per month. You can suggest your favorite childhood meals whenever you like.
Home is where the heart is. If you meet certain criteria, we can deliver the same meals we serve at our senior center right to your front door. Our deliveries are made weekdays but we can include extra meals to cover weekends and holidays based on your needs.
“I started receiving my meals 5 years ago. Since that time, I have received meals for 7 days a week. Very good meals I might add for a minimal cost to me. If Mat-Su Senior Center meals were not delivered to me I would not be able to live in my own home.” – Home-Delivered Meal Client
We are very vigilant and careful when it comes to food allergies and special needs. Over half of our meal program participants require special meals due to allergies and other concerns. Please let our staff know if you have any concerns.
What is the price?
Free for qualified individuals. Our meals are provided under the Medicaid Waiver (CHOICE) Program.
Who is eligible?
For congregate and home-delivered meals:
- Individuals age 60+
- Spouses of individuals age 60+
- Disabled adults who live with a senior age 60+
- Any individual who is eligible for services under the State of Alaska’s Home and Community-Based Waiver (HCBS) Program
For home-delivered meals:
- Individuals who are homebound due to an illness or condition
- Individuals who are physically, mentally, or socially impaired so that attending a congregate meal would negatively impact or risk their health or well-being or that of others