Mat-Su Senior Services offers door-through-door transportation to and from our facility, as well as, from your home to medical appointments, Adult Day Services, grocery stores and shopping centers throughout the Matanuska-Susitna Valley.
Donations are suggested. Rides to/from medical appointments in Anchorage are provided for a set fee
. See below:
Mat-Su Senior Services is certified to provide medical transportation through Medicaid. The rates for this service is $2.25 per mile with a $4.25 minimum charge.
In addition, MSSS is certified to provide transportation under Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver Services. The charge for this service is $14.74 for a one-way ride under 20 miles and $29.48 for a one-way ride over 20 miles. However, for OAA eligible individuals, this service requests donations to cover the cost of your ride. Due to the OAA regulations, services will not be discontinued due to inability to pay.
Suggested Ride Donations:
Palmer (round-trip) $5 Wasilla (one-way) $8
Anchorage Set Fee
: $80 (round-trip)
Qualifications for transportation services include:
To schedule a ride, please call 745-5454. See below for scheduling guidelines:
- Minimum 60 years of age
- Spouses of individuals minimum 60 years of age
- Disabled adults who live with a senior minimum 60 years of age
- Eligible for the Home and Community Based Waiver i.e. Medicaid Waiver (CHOICES) program
- For a ride to the Center for lunch or to make changes regarding your home-delivered meal, please call by 9:00 am that same day
- To schedule a ride to a medical appointment in Palmer or Wasilla, please call as soon as possible, preferably, one week in advance
- For a ride to a medical appointment in Anchorage, please call at least one week in advance
- Vans are scheduled every Tuesday at 1:00 pm to Carrs and Fred Meyers; no reservation needed
- Rides to Wal-Mart are provided on Fridays at 1:00 pm. Please call to confirm schedule at 745-5454