Mat-Su Senior Services Center serves attractive, nutritious and well-balanced meals each weekday in our beautiful, clean and spacious dining room located at 1132 South Chugach Street in Palmer.
Lunch begins at 11:30 am Monday through Friday but many of the seniors and their guests arrive early as our center provides an excellent opportunity for social interaction. Suggested donation is $5.00 per meal.
Additionally, MSSS delivers the same quality and well-balanced meal to eligible home-bound seniors and disabled adults. Deliveries are made weekdays and often include extra meals to cover weekends and holidays. Suggested donation is $5.00 for the meal and $0.50 for delivery.
Who qualifies for our congregate and home delivered meal programs?
- Individuals age 60+
- Spouses of individuals age 60+
- Disabled adults who live with a senior age 60+
- Meal hour volunteers
- Any individual who is eligible for services under the State of Alaska's Home and Community Based Waiver program
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to receive home delivered meals, individuals must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Congregate are not available in local residential area
- Homebound due to illness or condition
- So physically, mentally or socially impaired that attending a congregate site would negatively impact or risk the health or well-being of the individual and/or other consumers at the site
MSSS is certified by the State of Alaska
to provide meals under the Medicaid Waiver (CHOICES) program.
"I started receiving my meals 5 years ago. Since that time I have received meals for 7 days a week. Very good meals I might add for a minimal cost to me. If Palmer Senior Citizens Center meals were not deliver to me I would not be able to live in my own home ." Home-Delivered Meal Client